Coaches' Concussion Exam
Concussions have become an important health risk in sports. We want to be sure that we are knowledgeable on the topic and will cover it in our coaching clinics. Those who miss that will be required to take the online exam offered by NFHS (National Federation of State High School Associations).
To register and take the exam:
- Open up the NFHS website by clicking on this link:website
- Go to FREE/ELECTIVE COURSES block (second block down) and click on the “(view all courses)” link in the upper right corner of this block.
- Go to FREE Courses (fourth column) and click on “Concussion in Sports- What You Need To Know” (fourth course down)
- Click on the PLEASE LOGIN TO ORDER button (the course is free!)
- Click on the “Register Now” link at the bottom of the “SIGN IN HERE” window.
- Fill out the form completely with all of your information including a password for subsequent sessions, etc.
- For “Your Primary Position,” click on the drop down arrow and select “Coach.” Do not worry about school district but put in “Runyon Sports Complex” in the organization box (the last box MUST be filled in with “Runyon Sports Complex”).
- Go to: “Your Sports” and select “Baseball” from the “Available Sports” list and hit the arrow that points to the right so that it is selected.
- Now proceed back to the home page, navigate again to the Concussion course, and when you are done taking the exam, you can print out a certificate free of charge if you follow the instructions and pass the course.